The Club will be closed on Monday of each week, except when a national holiday is observed on that day of the week, in which case the Club will be open on Monday and closed the following day. The golf course and Pro Shop will be open on Mondays at the discretion of Ownership and/or
the General Manager.
Pool Facility Dress Code
Bathing suits are the only garments to be worn in the swimming pool. Cut-offs are not permitted in the pool. Pool attire is not acceptable in any area of the Clubhouse or Patio.
Swimming Pool Rules
The Certified Pool Operator (“CPO”) or designated Manager, in his/her absence has full charge of the pool area and is the first authority as to the interpretation of the following rules and guidelines:
- Appropriate conduct at the pool by all Members and guests is necessary for the safety and enjoyment of all those using the pool. The CPO and Food and Beverage team (in the absence of the CPO) have full authority to enforce the rules and guidelines for the Cat Island Club Swimming Pool.
- The pool will be open daily at the discretion of Ownership, General Manager and CPO during the months of June, July and August. The pool opens Memorial Day Weekend and closes Labor Day Weekend, unless otherwise authorized by Ownership. The regular hours during the week, Monday – Friday, are 10:00 am until 8:00 pm. We open at 11:00 am on all holidays, including Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. The pool may be closed due to poor weather conditions during regular hours at the discretion of Cat Island Club management.
- All Members and guests must register with designated personnel as directed by Management and sign the daily sign-in sheet before entering the pool area.
- All guests must be accompanied by the Member that has invited them. A charge of $10.00 will be billed for all guests to the account of the Member by whom the guest(s) are invited. This fee is valid 7-days a week during the season. All guests will be charged whether they are swimming or not to ensure equal access to pool chairs for dues paying members and paying guests. Permission for special circumstances, such as baby-sitters or any other unusual situation, must be made by special request in writing and approved by the General Manager before or during the summer season.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by a swimming adult or supervisor 14 years of age or older. Baby-sitters are not considered guests unless they use the pool.
- No one is permitted in the pool area during unauthorized times.
- Smoking is prohibited in the designated pool area.
- The upper pool and jacuzzi pool are reserved for adults only (over 21 years of age).
- Children are not permitted to swim in this pool or utilize the jacuzzi at any time.
- In the case of a severe emergency, or at the discretion of the CPO or designated Manager, the pool may be cleared to administer proper care if necessary.
- Anyone with communicable diseases may not enter the pool.
- Anyone with a known allergy to bleaches or halogens (chlorinated or brominated compounds) should not enter the pool.
- Members and/or guests are not permitted to bring their own food or beverages into the pool area.
- Any developmental swimmer, Member or guest, child or adult, must be accompanied in the water by a strong-swimming adult at all times. Any child using a flotation device of any kind must also be accompanied in the water by a strong-swimming adult at all times. Non-swimmers or swimmers requiring flotation devices are not permitted in areas of the pool exceeding four feet in depth
- Swimmers wishing to swim in the deep end (above four feet) are required to pass a swimming test administered by the CPO or designated Manager which consists of the following: Swimmers must be able to swim across the deep end of the pool and back without stopping. Swimmers must also be able to tread water in the deep end unassisted for at least one minute.
- Water pistols, water balloons and/or other water-projecting toys are not permitted in the pool area, unless explicitly authorized by the CPO or designated Manager for special games or organized activities. The CPO and/or Cat Island Club staff will enforce this rule emphatically and reserve the right to collect any items falling under this description until the Member(s) and/or guest(s) leave the pool area at which time these items will be returned.
- Running, shoving, pushing, roughhousing and/or other activities that endanger Members, guests, and/or the CPO and Cat Island Club staff are not tolerated. The CPO and/or Cat Island Club staff reserve the right to deny use of the pool to any Members or guest(s) who compromise this rule.
- Swimmers may not sit or stand on the shoulders of any other swimmer, and “chicken fights” are not permitted in the pool at any time.
- Diving is not permitted into the water in areas less than five feet deep or in any other area that is specifically marked “No Diving”.
- The wading, or “baby” pool is for toddlers (four years old and under) and/or other non-swimming children only. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult while using the wading pool.
- Flotation aids such as rings, tubes, “floaties” or water wings, buoyancy suits, or any other flotation device are only permitted with the permission and at the discretion of the CPO or designated Manager. Any child requiring a flotation device must be accompanied by a strong swimming adult at all times—no exceptions.
- Bathing suits are the only articles of clothing allowed in the pool. Cut-offs and/or street clothes are not permitted. Pool attire is not acceptable in any area of the Clubhouse or Patio. Any toddler or infant still wearing diapers must wear a specially designed swimming diaper in addition to a tight-fitting bathing suit with elastic around the waist and legs that covers the diaper and will contain any solids from possibly entering the pool water. In the event that any loose human waste does enter the pool water (this includes the baby pool and the big pool) and the CPO or designated Manager is not able to successfully remove that material, the CPO or designated Manager has complete discretion and authority to close the pool until the water can be properly sanitized.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Cat Island Club is not responsible for items lost or stolen. Lost and found items, which are collected throughout the season, may be reclaimed at any time before the end of the season.
- Trash receptacles are conveniently located throughout the pool area.
- Common courtesy is expected from all Members and guests. Please help the pool staff maintain cleanliness when using the facilities in the pool area.
- Adults have a preference for the use of chairs, tables, and/or lounges.
- To prevent damage to the pool deck, golf spikes are not permitted in the pool area. Please carry all pool furniture rather than drag it across the pool deck when moving it to another location. This preserves the condition of the furniture as well as the surfacing of the pool deck.
Download Rules Here.